Top Shop Group collects, shares and handles your Personal Information. The Melboure
Top Shop Group is comprised of Melboure Top Shop Group Holdings Ltd and its
subsidiaries, including the companies that operate MelboureTopShop.com, Grocery
Run, Melboure Top Shop Connect and Melboure Top Shop Essentials.
We respect your privacy and are committed
approach to privacy and how we collect, use and protect your personal
information. It also sets out your rights in relation to accessing the personal
information we collect and hold about you. We are bound by Australian privacy
legislation which includes the Australian Privacy Principles (or APP's) in the
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Collection of Personal Information and other Information
We collect personal information for the
primary purpose of conducting our business as an online retailer, trader and
service provider. The personal information we collect from you will include
information you give us when you:
1. register or subscribe to one of our
websites or newsletters;
2. complete a transaction with us; and contact
3. In addition, we may collect personal information you disclose to third parties who are affiliated with or otherwise provide services to us. This includes third parties who provide services such as Melboure Top Shop Connect. Melboure Top Shop Loans or other Melboure Top Shop Essentials products or services. These third parties will collect and store your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies and procedures, which they will make known to you. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is made aware of the matters above.
4. The personal information that we collect
may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your contact details including your email,
home/delivery address and billing address;
- your payment details; and
- other personal information that we collect
in the course of a transaction on our websites.
5. We only collect sensitive information in
circumstances where you consent to the collection of this information, or it is
reasonably necessary for, or directly related to the purpose outlined above.
6. We may collect personal information from
individuals who are not customers of our business but whose personal
information is given to us by those individuals via our website (including Help
Centre) or in the course of a transaction.
7. Where reasonably practicable, we attempt to
collect information directly from individuals. When we collect information, we
will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it, who we give
it to and how we will use or disclose it or, alternatively, those matters will
be obvious from the circumstances.
8. We will collect personal information from
you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
9. When you visit our website, we, and/or
third parties, may place cookies on your browser to enhance and manage our
website and improve our business and the services we provide to you. We and/or
Google may use this information to optimise and place advertisements, including
advertisements of third party vendors and remarketing advertisements based on
past visits to this website, on our own and third party websites. Google's
ability to use and share information collected by Google Analytics is
10. In addition to personal information, we may
collect other information about you or the device you use to access our
platforms. By using the website and agreeing to this policy, you grant us
permission to place and store cookies on your browser. Cookies may be used by
us to collect information about how you use websites you visit, including the
- your computer or mobile device's operating
- your computer or mobile device's browser
type and capabilities;
- your computer or mobile device's Internet
Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
- web pages visited, including how you were
referred to each web page; and
- web page usage statistics, including the
time spent on each web page.
- In addition, third parties may place and
read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons or similar technologies to
collect information, including, where applicable, for the Google Trusted Stores
11. Cookies can be managed by accessing the
individual settings in your browser.
12. We will not identify users or their
browsing activities, except where required by law or in accordance with our
Terms and Conditions of Use and Sale.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
1. We will generally use or disclose your personal
information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for a
related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use or
disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise
use and disclose your personal information if you have given us consent in
or authorised by law.
2. Generally, we use and disclose your
personal information for the purpose of providing you with the goods or
services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our
business as an online retailer of goods and services.
3. As marketplace platform, we will, where
necessary share your information with third party Sellers who transact using our
4. We may generally disclose your information
to third parties in order for them to provide services to you, such as our
commercial partners for Melboure Top Shop Essentials.
5. If those purposes for which we have
collected the information involve providing personal information about an
individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to
ensure any personal information is protected.
6. We will generally only use personal
information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is
impracticable to seek consent before this use.
7. When registering with us, you consent to us
using your personal information, such as your email address or phone number for
direct marketing purposes. This includes sending you deal emails or SMS notifications
about our products and services. You may opt out of receiving these direct
marketing communications at any time and you can manage your subscription
preferences in your account.
8. When opting into 'Notify Me' emails, you
consent to us sending you a notification email once a product on your Wishlist
is back in stock. You may opt out of receiving these notification emails at any
time and you can manage your notification preferences in the Wishlist section
of your account.
9. We may also provide your information to
third parties that provide services to us, including third parties that provide
our payment gateway, marketing, logistics, customer service and technology
support services. This may include providing your information to third parties
that are located outside of Australia. Where your personal information is
transferred outside Australia (including the USA, UK, Hong Kong, the
Philippines, Israel, Austria and other member states of the EU), we will do so
in accordance with APP 8.
10. You agree and acknowledge that in the event we merge, sell or otherwise change control of our company, our business or the website to a third-party, you consent, without giving of prior notice, to our disclosure of your personal information and other data that we have collected from you to a third party or parties as part of such a transaction.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
Access to Your Personal Information and Complaints Procedure
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have
certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about
1. Information we hold about you can be
accessed by logging into your account on the website and checking the
information in the My Account page. You should ensure the information, such as
delivery address and email, is up to date and accurate. You can find more
information about the information held in your account here.
2. Subject to the exceptions of APP 12.3, you
may make a request to receive any additional information we may hold about you,
and we will provide this information to you within a reasonable time. When
requesting such access please identify the precise type/s of information
requested. You may make a request by contacting our Help Centre.
3. We take steps reasonable in the
circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and
disclose is accurate, up to date and complete. Where an individual requests to
correct information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information,
having regard to the purpose for which it is held.
4. To make a complaint about a breach of the
Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how we handle your personal
information, you may contact our Help Centre. We will endeavour to respond to
your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not
satisfied by our response, you may acquire further information regarding privacy
from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Privacy Collection Statement
1. The personal information that we collect from you will include information you provide us when you
- register or subscribe to our website;
- complete a transaction with us; and
- contact us.
- We may further collect personal information
from individuals who are not customers of our business but whose personal
information is given to us by those individuals via our website, including our
customer service, or in the course of a transaction.
2. All personal information will be collected by lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
3. We will use your personal information for the purpose of providing our services to you. We generally share your information with third parties, so that they may also provide services to you pursuant to transactions you make on our website.
5. This may include providing your information to third parties that are located outside of Australia, including the USA, UK, Hong Kong, the Philippines and the EU. In cases where personal information has been disclosed to any third party, we will take appropriate steps to ensure your personal information is protected.
you with information about how you may:
1. access your personal information held by Melboure
Top Shop and change that information, and
2. complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and how Melboure Top Shop will deal with such a complaint.
Melboure Top Shop's Privacy Collection
will be available online at https://www.Melboure Top Shop.comF/privacy