Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Melbournetopshop.com!
is a unique, all Australian owned and operated shopping platform that allows
you to buy goods from a wide range of sources. Here you'll find our terms and
conditions that apply to you when using the site. User Agreement
- By using the Melbournetopshop.com website (and App and mobile
site) and our social media pages ("Website") you accept these
Agreement is between you and Melbournetopshop.com Pty Ltd (referred to in
this Agreement as "we", "us" or "our"). We
may change these terms at any time, and changes will be posted on the
Website. By continuing to use the Website, you agree to be bound by the
- Registration and User Requirements
- You must be a registered member to access some features of the
Website or our services. When you register, you will provide us with
personal information including your name, address, and a valid email
address. You must ensure this information is accurate and current.
- By using the Website and its associated functionality, you
grant your express consent to us to send you direct marketing
communications to the email address you provide, from which you may
unsubscribe at any time. Your consent to receipt of certain
communications may be implied from the use of certain functional aspects
of our service, such as receiving reminders that items are in your
shopping cart if you leave the page during a transaction.
- To register an account or to use the Website you must be at
least 18 years old, have a current Australian residential address and
have capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement with us.
- Access and use of the Website
- You must only use the Website through the interfaces provided
by us and in accordance with these terms and any applicable law.
- You must not (or attempt to):
- interfere (or attempt to interfere) or disrupt (or attempt to
disrupt) our site or the servers or networks that host our site;
- use (or attempt to use) data mining, robots, screen scraping
or similar data gathering and extraction tools on our site;
- interfere (or attempt to interfere) with security-related or
other features of our site; or
- use, copy or distribute (or attempt to use, copy or
distribute) content without our express permission.
- We may refer fraudulent or abusive or illegal activity to the
relevant authorities. If you have an account with us, you are solely
responsible for the activity that occurs on your account (including
orders placed using your account), and you must keep your account
password secure. We are not responsible for any unauthorised activity on
your account if you fail to keep your account login information secure.
- You must not use another member's account without our, and/or
the other user's, express permission. If you suspect or become aware of
any unauthorised use of your account or that your password is no longer
secure, you must notify us immediately and take immediate steps to
re-secure your account (including by changing your password).
- We do not warrant that the Website will be available at all
times and without disruption and we provide no warranties in relation to
the content of any other website linked to or from our Website.
- Information on this Website
- Information about goods on the Website is based on material
provided by third party Sellers, suppliers and/or product manufacturers.
Except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) we
cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect
information supplied to us or by these third parties.
- You agree to make your own enquiries to verify information
provided and to assess the suitability of goods or services before you
order the goods or services.
- Due to photographic and screen limitations associated with the
representation of goods, some actual goods (including, in particular,
clothing, apparel and shoes) may differ to a small extent in visual
appearance (for example in colour) from the way they appear on the
Website. In addition, where it is suitable to do so, some depictions of
products or services are created or chosen by us for promotional
purposes, and may not be an exact representation of the product or
- Disclaimer and Liability
- To the fullest extent possible at law, we exclude all
liability to you or anyone else for loss or damage of any kind or nature
relating in any way to the Website including, but not limited to, loss or
damage you might suffer as a result of:
- errors, mistakes or inaccuracies on the Website or our social
- you acting or not acting, on any information contained on or
referred to on the Website and/or any linked Website or our social media
- personal injury or property damage of any nature resulting
from your access to or use of the Website;
- any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers
and/or personal information and/or financial information stored on those
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses or other harmful code or
communications which may be transmitted to or through our Website by any
third party; and/or
- the quality of any product or service of any linked sites.
- We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee or assume responsibility
for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through
the Website or any linked Website or featured in any banner or other
advertising. We will not be a party to or in any way responsible for
monitoring any transaction between you and third party Sellers of goods
- Where any law (including the Australian Consumer Law) provides
a guarantee which may not be lawfully excluded, our liability will be
limited to that provided by law.
- Except as required by law, in no event shall we, our
affiliates and related entities or our suppliers be liable for any loss
or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in
connection with our Website or this Agreement (however arising, including
negligence). You agree to accept sole responsibility for the legality of
your actions under the laws that apply to you. You agree that we, our
affiliates and related entities or our suppliers have no responsibility
for the legality of your actions.
- The following goods are excluded under this policy;
• Cosmetics & Beauty products (If
hygiene seal is broken)
• Pharmaceutical/Health products
• Perishable Goods & Food items
• Personal Care Items
• Underwear & socks
• Pierced jewellery
• Mattresses, pillows, mattress and pillow protectors
• Gift cards, phone recharge or third party gift cards
• Media - Books and unsealed CDs, DVDs & Video Games
• Adult toys/sexual health products
• Assembled furniture
• Digital Goods (download codes etc.)
• Personalized/Made to order Goods
• Earphones/Headphones (if package has been opened)
• Large/Bulky Appliances
• Any merchandise where the GST has been claimed under the Tourist Refund Scheme, unless proof of repayment of the GST upon return to Australia is provided
- You will at all times indemnify, and keep indemnified, us and
our directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any loss
(including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred or
suffered by you or by us arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or
proceeding by any person against you or us where such loss or liability
arose out of, in connection with or in respect of your conduct or breach
of this Agreement.
- Placing Orders
- You are responsible for any discrepancies or errors in your
order caused by you.
- The promotion of goods or services on the Website does not
constitute an offer to sell. It is an invitation to treat only.
- Orders placed by you are offers to purchase either:
a voucher for
particular goods and/or services under the terms and conditions in this
Agreement, and any third party supplier/Seller terms and conditions at the
price specified (including delivery and other charges); or
goods under the
terms and conditions in this Agreement at the price specified (including
delivery and other charges).
- Goods sold by Melbournetopshop.com are not reserved in-cart,
and an order is only finalised when you have completed checkout process
and received an order confirmation from us and payment is received in
- When an order is placed for a Sellers goods, we will send the
order to the Seller for confirmation, at which time they may accept or
reject your order. Where a Seller rejects your order, we will refund you
for the order and associated shipping charges. You will receive
confirmation that your order has been accepted by the Seller via email.
- We use automated fraud detection software that may result in
your order being delayed or cancelled. Where your order is flagged for
fraud detection, we will make enquiries into any potential fraud. We
reserve the right to subsequently reject and refund your order at our
absolute discretion where fraud is suspected.
- Your order may be rejected in circumstances where we believe
there may be a credit card or payment related fraud (detected prior to
the goods being shipped), or where your order cannot be shipped, or if
there has been an error in the price or product description on the
Website. In these circumstances the order will be refunded in full.
- You must review your order carefully before placing it. Once
an order is confirmed, you are unable to cancel or change it. If you have
any problems with your order, then you must go through the normal returns
process outlined in this Agreement. If you change your mind, you can
return your goods provided you meet the requirements set out in our
Change of Mind Returns policy in clause 17.
- In the event that we cancel or are unable to fulfil your
order, we will provide a full refund of any payment received.
- We reserve the right to notify you that goods for which you
placed orders have become unavailable for reasons beyond our control.
Your order may be delayed, or you may receive a full refund or store
credit (at your election) in the event we cannot fulfil your order.
- Guest Checkout
- You can make purchases on our Website without creating an
account by using our Guest Checkout.
- When you use Guest Checkout, we will collect any personal
information you provide, including your name, email and delivery address,
- Price, Payment and Use of Discount/Coupon Codes
- The prices of goods, delivery and other charges shown are in
- All payments must be received in full prior to dispatch of
goods or a voucher being issued. If your payment is not received or is
declined by us, your bank or credit card issuer, we cannot and will not
hold items against your order.
- A discount code is only valid for a single transaction, and
may not be used in conjunction with any other discounts.
- Shipping and Delivery
- Subject to this Agreement, goods will be supplied as shown on
your order confirmation, which will be provided to you by email.
- We will use our best endeavours to meet stated timeframes for
delivery, however, from time to time particularly during busy periods,
our shipping service providers may suffer delays beyond our control.
Please allow up to 30 days delivery (for standard and express post).Some
pre-order items may cost longer time which will specified in the description
of the product. Sellers may set their own delivery time frames which may
differ from goods sold by us. You should check the sales listing for
- Standard and express post are subject to different fees and
charges. In addition, certain goods (including large and bulky items or
special orders) may be subject to additional charges. All shipping
charges will be made available to you at checkout.
- Sellers utilise their own shipping and distribution networks
and may charge different rates for shipping on goods.
- Express shipping is available only in certain areas and for
certain orders and your order eligibility will be confirmed at checkout.
- For goods sold by Melboure Top Shop, some orders may not
require signature and will be left in a safe place at your delivery
address in accordance with Australia Post's standard practices.
- A signature may be required for some deliveries and some
marketplace orders (depending on the individual Seller's requirements).
You are responsible for ensuring you are able to accept delivery. Neither
we, nor a Marketplace Seller will be responsible:
delivery where attempted delivery has occurred on or before the stated delivery
for lost or
missing parcels that have been signed for at your selected delivery address
(regardless of whether or not you have personally accepted delivery);
for lost or
missing parcels left at your chosen location where you have expressly given
authority to leave with the item's carrier.
We reserve the
right to change, modify or discontinue any delivery options at our absolute
- Packaging and Labelling
- We endeavour to depict goods available for order using
accurate images of the goods. At times, however, goods actually delivered
may to a small extent differ in appearance and packaging from their
appearance in images and photographs on the Website.
- We recommend that you read the labels and instructions on
foods or other consumables prior to consumption or use.
- Because some goods are imported or originate from outside of
Australia, their packaging, ingredients, composition and quality may vary
from the same or similar product available in Australia and made directly
for the Australian market.
- Software and Technology Purchases – Limitation of Liability
- You acknowledge that storage media such as hard drives in
laptops, external hard drives, SD cards and USB keys can fail without
warning, leading to a loss of data. You should regularly back up software
stored on the media. In the event that storage media ordered from us
becomes faulty, fails or otherwise detrimentally affects software or data
stored on it, except as required by law, we will not be liable for any
loss or damage to the software or data.
- If you return storage media (such as a hard disc drive)
whether separately or as a part of another product, to us for any reason,
including replacement or repair, we will not be responsible for any
software or data stored on the media. We make no representation that we
will be able to repair or replace any product without risk to or loss of
the software or data.
- Digital Access Codes (Games, movies and other digital content)
- Any digital access codes offered on the Website (i.e. Steam
party distribution channels and the software or content unlocked by such
codes is subject to intellectual property rights of third party
licensors. Your use of the software or content (i.e. game, music, video
etc.) may be restricted by Digital Rights Management ("DRM")
code or software controls embedded in the content by the licensor of the
said content. Melbournetopshop.com is not responsible for application of
any DRM, or the affect it may have on your use of the content and we are
not liable for the operation of DRM. You should check the user terms of
the associated software or content distributor prior to purchasing an
- You are responsible for determining whether your PC or user
device is compatible with the software or content unlocked by access codes
you purchase on the site. For recommended specifications, consult the
product listing, or alternatively the publisher or distributor (i.e.
Steam) website. Redemption of software or content will require high-speed
internet access. Your ISP may charge you additional amounts for data
usage, and you must familiarise yourself with these charges prior to
purchasing any access keys.
- For trouble redeeming your codes, you should first contact the
relevant distribution channel (i.e. Steam) for technical assistance.
- Change of Mind Returns
- Melboure Top Shop and its Sellers will allow a return for
store credit or exchange product where you have changed your mind,
provided that the item in question is:
within 7days of receiving order;
as new and is
not used, worn, or opened and has all original packaging and tags in-tact
(including any package seals (if any) being unbroken);
in a resalable
not damaged in
- We cannot accept change of mind returns on items that come in
sealed packages or boxes where seals are damaged or broken.
- To return your item for change or mind, you must follow our
returns process, or the returns process of the relevant Seller.
- You will be responsible for the cost and risk of returning
goods, including the cost of return shipping. If the item is not received
by us or the seller, you will not be eligible for a credit or exchange.
We recommend you insure high value items that you return for change of
- You may be provided with a product exchange, refund or store
credit (at our discretion or at the discretion of the Seller) only when
the returned product is received, and it complies with the requirements
of clause 17.1.
- If the returned item does not meet the conditions of this
policy, you will be responsible for the cost of receiving your returned
goods back to your nominated address
- Change of mind returns are not accepted for intimates, which
includes underwear, hosiery, socks, swimwear and adult toys due to
hygienic reasons. Remedies for defective goods are still available. Under
no circumstances can change of mind returns for digital access codes or
downloadable software be accepted.
- From Tuesday 7th APR 2020 until further notice, the following
products are also excluded from our Change of Mind policy:
• Toilet paper
• Paper towel
• Tissues and serviettes
• Medicinal (pain relief)
• Cleaning (Examples: anti-bacterial wipes, sprays and cleaners, disposable gloves)
• Feminine hygiene and incontinence
• Baby wipes
• Hand sanitisers
- Problems with your goods – contacting us
- If you have a problem with your goods, please contact us via
the Help Centre. We will investigate your issues and advise you whether
your product may be returned and, where required, provide you with
instructions on how to return your goods.
- If your goods still have a valid manufacturer warranty, we
recommend you first contact the manufacturer in relation to any fault or
defect, however, you may still contact us.
- Once an item is returned we will either inspect your goods and
investigate any claimed defect or in some cases, send the goods to third
parties for assessment and/or repair. Where applicable we provide a
remedy in relation to your goods.
- If we do not believe a remedy is applicable upon inspecting
your goods (for example, where we believe the goods have been misused, or
there was a failure to use in accordance with manufacturer's
instructions, used it in an abnormal way or there has been a failure to
take reasonable care), we will reject your claim and return your goods to
you. You must cover the cost of return shipping in order to receive goods
we have rejected on inspection, and we will provide you with instructions
on how to make this payment.
- Refunds will be issued using the payment method used for
purchase. If you have an account with us, store credits will be issued to
the account used to purchase the goods.
- We aim to process refunds and replacements within 28 days of
receipt by us of the original product, however, depending on your item
and the number of returns in our system, this may take longer.
- In the case of goods and/or services redeemable through a
third party provider, the refusal of a refund or Store Credit does not
prevent you from seeking a refund directly from the provider.
- Defective Goods
- All goods sold on Melbournetopshop.com come with guarantees
that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are
entitled to a replacement for or refund for a major failure and
compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are
also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to
be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major
- Any product warranty given by Melbournetopshop.com will apply
in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under the Australian
Consumer Law. Where applicable, you may make a claim in relation to goods
that are faulty in accordance with our 12 Month Warranty Terms &
Conditions. This warranty only applies where specifically
advertised in the product's listing.
- Goods that you purchase from our site may contain warranty
documents on or inside the packaging provided by the manufacturer of the
product. Any such warranty documents are not given by Melbournetopshop.com,
and rights you may have in relation to those warranties are separate to
any warranty rights given to you by Melbournetopshop.com. Some warranty
documents provided by manufacturers of imported goods may not apply in
Australia. You should contact the manufacturer identified on the warranty
document to determine whether or not the warranty applies to the goods in
Australia and, if so, how you should go about making a claim under such a
- Dispute Resolution – Seller goods
- If you are unable to resolve a complaint or dispute with a
Seller in relation to your goods, you may submit your complaint to our
dispute resolution procedure.
- We will investigate your dispute in line with our published
dispute resolution procedures.
- Purchase and Sale of Alcohol
- We support the Responsible Service of Alcohol. It is against
the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of,
a person under the age of 18 years. Melbournetopshop.com Pty Ltd sells
alcohol under Licence Number 36117384.
- Certain laws may declare your area a dry zone. As a
consequence, we may be unable to deliver orders for alcohol to certain
addresses. Please check with your local authorities before placing an
order if you believe you may be in a dry zone.
- By placing an order for alcohol, you represent and warrant
that you and/or the recipient, of the alcohol are at least 18 years old.
It is an offence to falsely represent a person is of legal age to order
alcohol and to obtain alcohol on behalf of a person who is under 18
years. You may be required to provide a valid ID for proof of age and
sign on delivery.
- Social Media and Content
- You understand that all information, such as comments,
messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds and other materials
("content") posted on, transmitted through or linked from the
Website, our Facebook page, Twitter feed, or forum or other like
application or site that allows for the publication of user generated
material (“Social Media”), is the sole responsibility of the person from
whom such content originated.
- You understand that we do not control and are not responsible
for content made available through the Website or Social Media unless it
originates from us. Consequently, by using the Website or our Social
Media pages you may be exposed to content provided by third parties that
is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading or otherwise
objectionable. You use the Website at your own risk and to the extent
permissible at law we do not accept liability in this regard.
- As a member or participant on our Social Media pages, you
agree that you are responsible for any content submitted, posted or made
available through the Website and you must not post (or allow) content to
be posted that:
you do not have
the right to post;
or in contempt of any legal or other proceedings;
is offensive or
discriminates against any group of persons being a group defined by reference
to colour, race, sex, origin, nationality or ethnic or national origins;
religious or political beliefs;
religious or political material;
obscene, vulgar, pornographic or offensive;
copyright, trade mark, patent or other intellectual property right of another
unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material;
links to viruses, malware, spyware or similar software; or
any person or misrepresents your relationship with any person.
- We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to
pre-screen, refuse or remove any content from the Website or our Social
Media pages without giving any reasons.
- You understand and agree that we may retain server and backup
copies of your submitted content even if you have altered, removed or
deleted your content from public display.
- Intellectual Property
- All content, graphics, user and visual interfaces,
photographs, trade marks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer
code, including but not limited to the design, structure, selection,
coordination, expression and arrangement of such material contained or
used in the Website is either owned, controlled, or licensed to Melbournetopshop.com,
or is otherwise subject to the intellectual property rights of third
parties and is protected by copyright, patent and trade mark laws and
various other intellectual property rights. We reserve all intellectual
property rights, including but not limited to, copyright in material
and/or services provided or authored by us. Nothing in the Agreement
gives you a right to use any of our marketing material, business names,
trademarks, logos, domain names or other distinctive brand features.
- Other trademarks used on the Website that belong to third
parties are used with permission and remain the intellectual property of
the third party.
- You may not:
modify or copy
the layout or appearance of the Website nor any computer software or code
contained in the Website; or
disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover or access any
source code related to the Website.
- IF you correspond OR otherwise communicate WITH us, you
automatically GRANT TO us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive,
royalty-free, world-wide licence TO USE, copy, display AND distribute the
content of your correspondence OR communication AND TO PREPARE derivative
works of the content OR incorporate the content INTO other works IN order
TO publish AND promote such content. This may include, but IS NOT limited
TO, publishing testimonials ON our Website AND developing your ideas AND
suggestions FOR improved goods OR services we provide.
- Transfer and Assignment
- You agree and acknowledge that, in the event that we merge,
sell or otherwise change control of our company, our business or the
Website to a third-party.
- We shall be permitted without giving notice or seeking prior
consent from you, to disclose the personal information and other data
that we have collected from you to the third party.
- We shall be entitled to assign the benefit of any agreements
we have with you to the third party.
- We will not be liable for any delay in performing any of our
obligations under this Agreement if such delay is caused by circumstances
beyond our reasonable control.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in
accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. You irrevocably submit
to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria,
- If any part of this Agreement is found to be void, unlawful or
unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severable from the
balance of this Agreement and the severed part will not affect the
validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- If we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision under
this Agreement, it will not constitute a waiver of such right or
provision. Any waiver of any provision under this Agreement will only be
effective if it is in writing and signed by us.
- Privacy and Personal information